It’s been a while since I’ve been to a ballet, so I’m a little excited that Northern Ballet’s World Première Tour of Casanova will be at the New Theatre, Cardiff from Tuesday 25th to Saturday 29th April 2017
Casanova is a brand new production about history’s most notorious lover in the sensual new ballet which promises to transport audiences to 18th century Venice to tell the true story of the infamous Italian adventurer in a seductive masquerade of passion and politics.
Giuliano Contadini, Leading Soloist, Northern Ballet describes Casanova as a symbol of seduction and lust. He was a priest, soldier, violinist and spy to name just a few. He spoke many languages and travelled huge distances all over Europe, at a time when a journey that would take one hour today would’ve taken a whole day. With the ballet bringing to light so much more than a serial seducer..
Casanova is choreographed by award-winning Kenneth Tindall who was most recently nominated for Best Classical Choreography and the Emerging Artist Award at the 2015 National Dance Awards.
The production will be set to an original score by composer Kerry Muzzey, played live by Northern Ballet Sinfonia. With sets and costumes are designed by Christopher Oram. The sneak previews look absolutely breathtaking.And, as well as bringing Casanova to Cardiff, Northern Ballet are also presenting a ballet for children with a magical retelling of the classic story, Goldilocks & the Three Bears. At 40 minutes it is perfect for young families.
Northern Ballet’s Casanova is at the New Theatre, Cardiff from Tuesday 25th – Saturday 29th April 2017 7.30pm; Thu & Sat 2.30pm Tickets with Northern Ballet’s Goldilocks & the three Bears on Friday 28th April 2017 12pm & 2pm. Tickets are available on 029 2087 8889 or at www.newtheatrecardiff.co.uk
If you would like to win two tickets for the opening night of Casanova at the New Theatre on Tuesday 25th April simply comment on my Facebook page post. The closing date is midnight on Friday 21st April 2017.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, aged 18 years or over.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
4. After the winner has been picked you have 2 working days to contact us to provide details to claim your prize. If we do not hear anything after this time period another winner will be drawn at random.
5. One entrant shall win 2 tickets for Casanova at the New Theatre on Tuesday 25th April 2017. The prize is are non-transferable.
6. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
7. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
8. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
9. An Organised Mess is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
10. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
11. This prize is only available to residents of the UK (No PO Boxes).