This recipe is a take on biscuit style flapjacks, as CM doesn’t like raisins she won’t eat my flapjacks, so this was a bit of a trial. Based on the biscuit jar being empty, and hubby justifying this by the fact I left it within his reach, well, this is definitely a quick and easy recipe to be repeated to keep all of the family happy.
Inspired by the constant requests for snacks during the holidays and looking for something light to pacify the sweet tooth, this definitely hit the spot.
- 175g rolled oats
- 75g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 175g dark brown sugar (you could use light brown, or caster)
- 175g unsalted butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius (fan)
- Combine oats, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence to the wet mixture and fully combine.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry mix.
- Using approximately one dessert spoon, drop dough onto baking sheets, use cutter for shape or back of a spoon. Leave a 2cm gap on tray to accommodate spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool and enjoy.
- Add raisins and cinnamon for added flavour.