I made a vanilla and passionfruit cheesecake the other day, it was a lush but a bit of a mess for not using the wrong size tin (I might post the recipe, and you’ll have to knowingly nod at the photos!).
Trying to get more fruit into the day, and pretending things are healthy, I went for a take two with mango, and went back to trusty individual dishes, which is definitely good for ensuring your slice doesn’t *accidentally* become a bit bigger.
I also made an alternative, to pacify the hubby that it really was healthy, using granola as the base. I used dried raspberries rather than a passionfruit topping for an added slight calorie reduction. This option I like to think is the perfect lunchtime treat when you’re having a bad day, with enough goodness to get you through the afternoon!
- 75g butter
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 150mls double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 300g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 6g gelatine
- 1 mango, puréed
- 3 passionfruits, puréed
- 50mls water
- 50g caster sugar
- 6g gelatine
- Place the mango purée on a gentle heat and add the gelatine. Simmer over a low heat until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Break the digestives into crumbs using either a good processor, plastic bag and rolling pin or pestle & mortar, stir in the ground ginger.
- Melt the butter and add to the crumbed digestives and combine.
- Place the mix in either a tin with a removable base or individual cases, press mixture tightly.
- Pop in the refrigerator.
- Put the mascarpone and cream cheese in a bowl and blend together until fully combined. Add the icing sugar gradually until fully mixed.
- Add the mango purée and combine.
- Whisk the double cream until gentle peaks are formed, fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Cover the biscuit base/s with the mixture, place back it the refrigerator to set.
- Place the passionfruit purée, caster sugar and water on a low heat.
- Add the gelatine and allow to combine.
- Take of heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour over the set cheesecake and allow to set in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- We used granola rather than the digestives and butter, and substituted the recipe accordingly.