A little while ago, I followed trend and purchased some raw cacao powder, it’s been sitting in the cupboard for a few weeks so I decided to create a similar recipe to last week’s Oat biscuits replacing the oats with desiccated coconut, because we all know coconut and chocolate make great treat bars.
This recipe was a bit different to the thins, as it could be moulded easily so rather than forming biscuits, these were made into round circles so reminded me more of a cookie.
- 200g dessicated coconut
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 50g chia seeds
- 100mls maple syrup
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 100mls water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan oven).
- Line baking trays with parchment, or use a silicone sheet.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and combine fully.
- Add the water and mix to give a slighter wetter mix.
- Roll the mix into small balls, place on baking sheet and squash with heel of hand to create rounds.
- Space evenly on a tray, and bake for 20mins or until browning.
- Place on a cooling tray for as long as you can and then enjoy!